Lighthouse Church Youth
The mission and goal of Lighthouse Church Youth Ministry is to develop teens and young adults to a saving belief in Jesus Christ and to provide them with the guidance needed for spiritual growth and a godly lifestyle.
Core Values of Lighthouse Church Youth
Our core values reveal what is important to our ministry. These are the values we desire our ministry to reflect.
- Evangelism: Fulfilling God's Purpose of Evangelism (Acts 1:8) A huge part of the heart and passion for ministry lies in the unsaved students. These students are often overlooked and are just as important to the Lord as our mature Christian students. We believe that is important for our ministry to focus on the un-churched group, present the gospel to them through relevant means, and introduce them to a saving belief in Christ.
- Growth: Fulfilling God's Purpose of Discipleship (Hebrews 6:1; Matt. 28:18-20) Every student needs to grow spiritually. God's Word says that He desires to spit out of His mouth those who are stagnant and lukewarm (Rev. 3:15-16). Part of our purpose is to provide students with an environment where they will be encouraged and aided to live a vibrant life in Christ.
- Worship/Lifestyle: Fulfilling God's Purpose of Worship (Psalms 150; Romans 12:1) There are many aspects to worship. It includes singing, praying (Psalms 95:6), hearing the Word (John 17:17; Deut. 31:11), and giving (1 Corinthians 16:1-2). Each of these is just as important as musical worship. Worship is more a way of life than an act on Sunday mornings.
- Relationships: Fulfilling God's Purpose of Fellowship (Ephesians 2:19) We believe it is important for students to be plugged into a group of peers and adults where they can establish relationships of godly influences. Part of our purpose is introducing students to such influential people.
- Service: Fulfilling God's Purpose of Service/Ministry (Ephesians 4:11-12) Every student has been blessed with spiritual gifts provided by God for the edification of others. Students of any age are able to use those gifts in service to God and others. When their unique gifts are put to use, both the miistry and the student will grow.